here are the raft racing rules:
- All rafts must be deemed Canal-Worthy by the assessment panel prior to launch (some advice).
- Raft materials must not contaminate the canal in any way.
- No more than 6 feet wide (that’s 1.8288m for the metrics).
- Human power only.
- No marine parts (canoes, paddles, speedboats etc…)
- All participants must wear life jackets (if you can’t find one yourself let us know).
- All participants are responsible for the removal or disposal of their raft following the event
(all the bits… from land or water).
- Any number of people can be on each raft but all must pass the finish line.
- All teams must be able to carry their rafts overland from finish to start line if they
are fortunate enough to win a heat.
- The judges’ word is final – until next year...